Mercy and trust

    Hey everyone! I've been having a strong case of writer's block lately and I'll be really busy as the school year starts back up again, so I probably won't be posting as much.

    Anyhow, I've been thinking a lot about mercy and trust. Those are two virtues that I've always had trouble with, yet they're absolutely necessary if we want to grow in faith. They might not seem like they go hand in hand, but they do. Here's what Jesus says about surrendering ourselves to Him in St. Faustina's diary.

    "My delight is to unite myself with you. It is when you submit yourself to my will that you give me the greatest glory and draw down upon yourself a sea of blessings. I would not take such special delight in you if you were not living by my will."- Jesus to St. Faustina (Diary, paragraph 954)

    Jesus wants us to trust Him and when we do, He will lead us to the abyss of His mercy.

    Are you struggling with guilt over your past sins and mistakes? Trust in Jesus, and He will lead you to the ultimate Source of forgiveness. Have you been hurt by someone you love and are struggling to forgive them and move on? Trust in Jesus, and He will provide the healing and grace to forgive.

    No matter where you need mercy and trust, you are not alone. After all, Jesus Himself needed these two virtues in His Passion and Death. You can see trust play out in the Garden of Gethsemane, when Jesus prayed:

   "29 And going a little further, he fell upon his face, praying and saying: My Father, if it be possible, let this chalice pass from me. Nevertheless, not as I will, but as thou will."

-Matthew 26:29


    And then mercy flourished from the Heart of Jesus when He hung on the cross and prayed:

"34 And Jesus said: 'Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.' But they, dividing his garments, cast lots."

-Luke 32:34

     The trust He displayed in the Garden helped Him bestow mercy later on the Cross. But you know what? Jesus was human in every way except for sin. So trust can help lead you to mercy as well, if only you ask for the grace. Jesus will gladly provide you with that grace and lead you in His footsteps.

    I hope this was helpful to some of you and God bless!

    

   

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Catholic saint authors

Forms of prayer

Taking a 'How Catholic are you actually" quiz...