Go to Joseph: The Story of an Answered Prayer

 J.M.J. 

A most blessed (belated) feast of St. Joseph the Worker! 

St. Joseph is one of my family's patron saints. A big statue in our living room reminds us daily that he is praying for us daily. Every night after our family rosary, we pray the Litany of St. Joseph asking for his protection, guidance, and our daily needs. We have also consecrated ourselves to him and I am positive that through his prayers, we have been given so much from God! 

I enjoy reading stories of answered prayers, so today I present my own St. Joseph answered prayer story. 

Three years ago, I was months away from graduating high school. I knew God wanted me to go to college but I also knew I would be responsible for paying my entire tuition. This meant I didn't just want a job to have a responsibility but I NEEDED a job to pay for school. My only job experience was occasional babysitting, and the only childcare job opening was for a summer program leader that I had been rejected twice. How would I ever find a job?

Instead of giving up my search, I began praying to St. Joseph, the patron of workers. I knew he would guide me to the right job. "Pray, hope, and don't worry" (Padre Pio) was my motto. In addition to the family Litany to St. Joseph, I asked St. Joseph every single night for a job. The month of March rolled along, the month dedicated to him. Thanks to his intercession, I landed an interview and eventually a job offer on the last day of March! Originally, I was offered a four-week position as a substitute daycare provider. Two and a half years later, I finished my last shift there, all thanks to St. Joseph! But, that wasn't all...a year later, I began working part-time at another daycare and a year after that, at a Catholic School. I always dreamed of working at a Catholic School but I never imagined that's where God would eventually send me. In seven more days, I will say good bye to all of my students now numbering over 90 to answer His call of something greater. Praise God for our wonderful St. Joseph and Our Blessed Lady, both huge intercessors in my life! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Catholic saint authors

Forms of prayer

The death of Queen Elizabeth II