Studying - Saint advice

Hello everyone! 

Sorry for my long absence. It's been difficult for me to write for a couple reasons, but hopefully that's better now. 

I know I have exams coming up, and I'm sure some of you do too. So, I thought I would post some encouragement saint style!

St Vincent Ferrer: 

Do you desire to study to your advantage? Let devotion accompany all your studies, and study less to make yourself learned than to become a saint. Consult God more than your books, and ask him, with humility, to make you understand what you read. Study fatigues and drains the mind and heart. Go from time to time to refresh them at the feet of Jesus Christ under his cross.

It's crucial to not overstudy which exhausts your mind. It isn't good for your spiritual, social, or school life. Also, remember that while studying and doing your school well is important, your spiritual life is infinitly more

St Benedict: 

Whenever you begin any good work you should first of all make a most pressing appeal to Christ our Lord to bring it to perfection.

This is something that is important, but something that I struggle with myself. Try and begin your school everyday with a prayer. As it says in the morning offering, you can offer your schoolwork up, and render it spirituously meritorious and good

St John Bosco: 

"I want to give you the formula for sancity: first, be happy; second, study and pray; third, do good to everyone." 

I particularly like this quote. I think it's self explanatory. 




I hope that was inspiring. Also, what would you like to see on the blog in the future? 

God bless!

Comments

  1. Hi I'm Ava's little sister and she told me that you were working on a quiz. I think that is a great idea, and if it's not to much work could you continue working on that please.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Catholic saint authors

Forms of prayer

Taking a 'How Catholic are you actually" quiz...